ABOUT THE PROPERTY
The Villa is set in the valley amongst orange groves, with mountain views.
* A great base for the more active. Locally, you can enjoy scenic walking, bird watching or golf.
* Also close by to explore are the superb sandy beaches, mountains, lakes, castles, monasteries and the historic centres of Valencia and Xátiva.
* The small village of La Barraca, approximately 1km away, has a bakers, chemist, hairdresser, mini-market, doctor and bar/restaurants, with the local market towns of Alzira and Tavernes, 8km, with supermarkets, weekly markets and numerous shops.
THE COSTA BLANCA / VALENCIA / VALENCIA PROVINCE REGION
* VALENCIA CITY is charming and approximately 50 minutes by car, or more conveniently by train that will take you from Alzira or Tavernes, right into the centre of the old city in 40 minutes, return fare approximate 6 euro.
* The City of Arts and Sciences, includes concert halls, an Imax cinema and a great science museum, ceramic museum, Fallas museum.
* Elsewhere there is much to satisfy a wide variety of interests, including the Bioparc (zoo), L'Oceanografic, and some fabulous shopping opportunities.
* The old city has many historic buildings to explore and La Albufera, just to the South, is a wetlands nature reserve, with relaxing boat trips and many good restaurants.
THE ALZIRA / BARRACA DE AGUAS VIVAS AREA
The villa is situated in a valley surrounded by orange groves, about halfway between Valencia and Denia, just North of the Costa Blanca.
* BEACHES – Glorious wide sandy beaches with a great Mediterranean atmosphere. Tavernes Playa (14km) and Xeraco Playa are small resorts, with a few good restaurants. A little further along the coast is Cullera and Gandia, they are larger and more elegant, with extensive promenades and a wide choice of restaurants and shops.
* GOLF – The La Galiana course enjoys a spectacular setting, high up in the beautiful "Valldigna" valley. The course is simply amazing. This is a public course, with no membership and fees are competitive and is just a few minutes away. It has a restaurant on site.
* WATER PARK – Near Cullera for a fun day out.
* WATER SPORTS – Jet Ski, windsurf, sail etc. Gandia, Cullera or further afield.
* WALKING – There are many signposted walks amongst the mountains.
* TENNIS – Tavernes
* GO KARTING
NEAREST TRAVEL LINKS
Valencia VLC: 50 km
Alzira or Tavernes: 10 km
* A car is essential.
* Not suitable for disabled.
* Valencia airport (VLC), about 50 minutes drive.
* Alicante airport (ALC) is 150 km or about 1 hr 50 mins of easy motorway driving (tolls about €11).
* Madrid airport (MAD) is 400km or about 4hrs 15 mins, but can be a cost effective option at peak periods, with much lower air fares.
* A welcome pack provided.
* For late arrivals, a suitable food pack can be arranged.
* The owner's home is adjacent, so they will be on hand to welcome you and provide any necessary support during your stay, but will otherwise leave you alone to relax.